Monday, August 5, 2019

Disney Cruise Norway and Iceland - Kirkwall, Scotland Day

Next up, it was time for our first port of call - Kirkwall, Scotland. Our excursion didn't start until 12:45pm so we had a free morning.

I woke up first and enjoyed a run on the deck as we sailed into Kirkwall and then continued watching the sail in from the verandah. There were bagpipers as we approached the port which was amazing to see.


Once we docked, J left for a run around Kirkwall from a route we had found online before the trip and I took the girls up to Cabanas for breakfast to bring back to the room.

We spent some time in the Kids Club before all going to play - Who Am I - our new favorite game. S totally rocked it and easily figured out she was Maleficent. I totally let our team down because I could not figure out I was Cruella di Vil for anything.



After some pizza and other yummies for lunch, it was time for our excursion. I chose a Disney excursion that took us on a drive through the countryside to see Scenic Stones before going to Skara Brae - the 5,000 year old settlement. We were fortunate with an amazing weather day and enjoyed the sunshine, history, and pretty views. S was especially interested in the sites and hearing some of the history.



We headed back to the ship and enjoyed a Scottish farewell with more bagpipers, dancers, and other local entertainment before character meet and greets in their amazing outfits.





Dinner tonight was at Rapunzel's - this is a new restaurant since our last Magic sailing and I of course loved it! The theming is amazing - it just made me happy!

After dinner the girls headed to the Kid Club so J and I enjoyed some of the games on the ship before he headed to the sauna and I relaxed on the verandah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New York City Spring Break

For 2022 Spring Break, we headed to New York City - this was the first vacation that was cancelled due to Covid in 2020 and was cancelled ju...