Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 - some highlights

 2020 was a year unlike any other and unlike anything we expected as we wrapped up 2019. There are a few things that helped make 2020 a bit easier and more manageable that I figured were worth noting for future memory.

DoorDash - sure, I ordered pizza delivery and the rare carryout before 2020; however, it was difficult for many restaurants and I have become a DoorDash convert. During a very busy work day for J and I while the girls were on virtual school, we didn't have great lunch food - on a short meeting break, I ordered our lunch, S grabbed it from the porch, and we all had a great lunch - I was in love.

OutSchool- when the pandemic hit, many of the girls' extracurricular activities needed to close or pause. I still wanted the girls to have a chance to explore their interests and OutSchool filled this void - the Zoom classes have a huge range of offerings and the price is very manageable. S has loved learning more about horses and having a social group to play Animal Crossing with while C has done a huge range of classes and especially loves the art ones.

Zwift -  all the scheduled changes with the pandemic meant many miles on the treadmill for me. J bought me a footpod and set me up on Zwift for a more gameified, community set up. I absolutely love it! Plus, S has a kids account and enjoys the occasional walk in the game. 

Cute Masks - I found a great local mask seamstress with so many different patterns - the girls and I have loved choosing new masks each season.

Zoom- My work life is basically Zoom but it's helped me onboard to a new company and meet my new coworkers without missing a beat. I never imagined letting my new colleagues see my entire house.

Shipt - I have never used Target local delivery before, but this year I decided to try it and it's been a great time-saver when needed, plus I feel good supporting the shoppers.

Home Gym- We have always had a treadmill, but when the pandemic hit, J quickly purchased a home gym, which has also been an amazing time saver and the girls have found a love of pull ups.


There were so many challenges, a lot of sadness, and so much disappointment in 2020 but the things above helped making them a bit more manageable. Cheers to a new start in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York City Spring Break

For 2022 Spring Break, we headed to New York City - this was the first vacation that was cancelled due to Covid in 2020 and was cancelled ju...